RE: [ST] U-turn diameter

> up.  They were instructing us to control the speed with the rear brake
> instead of slipping the clutch.  I asked specifically if the
> reving of the
> engine helped the bike stability due to the gyroscopic effect
> and got a
> "no" from both instructors.  I've always felt that it did

The revving of the engine's got nothing to do with gyroscopic effect!!!
It's to do with having enough power if you need it.  If you've got the revs
up you can control your speed much more smoothly with the clutch rather than
using the throttle, which is jerky.  Plus, if you've got decent revs there's
little chance of you stalling the bike at an inopportune moment and dropping
it.

Gyroscopic effect = utter cobblers

Andy