Re: [ST] Hard bags (Panniers) worth it?

Scott,

I just got back from a trial run of a longer trip I'm
planning this summer.  I was gone for eight days from
San Francisco down the coast to LA, then east to
Joshua Tree, north to Death Valley, and back to San
Francisco thru Carson Pass.  With my three bag system,
I had enough room for camping gear, clothes, food, and
even a suit and tie for a wedding I went to in LA.

... or maybe BRG bags have more room in them in the
same vein as BRG STs are faster... ;-)

Dave