Re: [ST] RE: (ST) ST done blowed up.

Lex,

Sorry to hear of your fate. I am not going to dive into the rebuild or crate
motore debate, except to say, either way you will get to brake in the bike again.

The part that would really get me, is (assuming you are in the Northern hemisphere),
what are you going to do for a motorcycle during the 1-3 months you will be without
your beloved bike, since this is prime motorcycle season coming up?

Tom

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Martin Fay wrote:

> Lex,
>
> That's a real bummer :(
> I'd be surprised if you weren't offered a new motor (or perhaps a mega trade in
> deal on a '02) but if Triumph do decide on repairing the motor I'd insist on a
> complete strip down, with replacement of all bearings and seals aswell as the
> broken parts. I'd also insist on personally inspecting the cases and components
> for damage once the motor has been stripped and cleaned.
>
> I'd also refuse to accept the rebuilt motor unless they can categorically
> identify the cause of failure.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 12 months old, 16,650 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500

End of st-digest V2002 #241