From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Erik
Miner
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 2:51 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Police Survivor Run - Philadelphia, PA

With all due respect , and I mean it. I just don't understand why
anyone would want to go for a ride with a WHOLE LOT of other
people???  I mean first off they always ride SLOW.. or at least the
speed limit ( this of course means 40 mph on beautuful twisties that
should be ridden at 60  :-) and if you pass anyone cause they are
riding slow-er than my 75 year old Mother then you get dirty looks
and they all think you're a crazy rider! Also most of the time the
attendess of these "runs" are Harley types so one gets to hear how
wonderfull their bikes are, and how they put a whole lot of $$ into
these new chrome wigets, or some other performance upgrade to boost
HP to a staggering 65... Then I have to listen to loud pipes .. tying
to save my life.. And of course god forbid you wear good safety gear
or a full face helmet then you're a wuss.. Or even try and discuss
MSF or track classes .. No siree.. I've been a ridin for 30 years I
don't need no ridin classes .. Hell I've a only had to layer down oh
maybe 4 or 5 times.. an I got the scars to prove it..           PASS!

Erik

>Damn Alan!
>
>I was planning on riding in that one, but I begged off because of
>the weather.  It's hard enough dealing with a crowd that big - throw
>in some wet windy weather and things can get pretty wild.
>Hopefully, the weather will hold out and there will be less drama
>for this Sunday's Blue Knights run to Point Pleasant....
>
>John
>'01 BRG ST

*   *