Re: [ST] did this guy deserve to wreck?

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Lex Offer wrote:

> I kid I met last summer. Thought he knew how to ride cause he'd
> ridden a dirtbike a few times. Bought a R6, 30 minutes after
> leaving the bike shop, he had looped it at an intersection,
> cause he didn't know how to stop a wheelie by using the clutch
> and tried to blame the accident on the bike.

Lex,

I see you are probably a supporter of Tort reform :-)

Its funny, personally, the 2 times I have dropped my ST are both,
completely, and uderly my fault, I will completely admit to a momemtary
flashes of being a dumbass.

1) Dirt road, late night, 14 hours of riding, trying to do a U-turn,
foot slips. 'nuff said

2) Brand new rear tire, off camber turn in parking lot, 30 feet from
my garage.

Both times, ohhh so close to keeping it up :-)

Both times, different side of the bike :-(

But then again, I guess I could sue the owner of the "poorly" maintained
road, and Dunlop for not selling pre-scrubb'd tires :-)

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500