RE: [ST] (RS) Wolf Can Fitting

I had similar problems fitting my carbon oval exhaust from Wolf Racing
and so did Andrew Cunningham from this list. This should not be news to
Wolf as we both talked to them about this.

The link pipe still runs very close to the swing arm but never touches
it and I don't worry about it anymore. I found that by rotating the link
pipe through different angles I could get a combination that kept the
silencer parallel to the bike and not touching the swing arm but it took
a lot of experimentation.

One thing I found was that the silencer naturally wanted to be further
away from the bike than the hanger would allow. To allow for this I
rotated the band around the silencer toward the bike and bent the tabs
slightly to make them vertical in the rotated position, so that now
where the band bolts to the hanger is to the left of centre of the
silencer when looking from behind. I also used some washers as spacers
to help this.

The other problem I had was to get the link pipe to seal against the
stock pipes as it is slightly too large in diameter. I got around this
using an exhaust silicone sealant.

I hope this helps.

Andrew.

<orig>-----Original Message-----
<orig>I recently purchased a Wolf Round Titanium can for my '01
<orig>RS. I love the sound of the pipe and when we get the fuel
<orig>map tweaked I expect a significant power increase.
<orig>However I am having a bit of a problem with the fitting.
<orig>The connector pipe (or S pipe if you prefer) is made to
<orig>such a tight tolerance it actually is up against the
<orig>swingarm when the bike is not loaded with a rider. The
<orig>pipe is also slightly splayed outwards from the bike
<orig>rather than tucking in parallel as it should.
<orig>Another RS owner here recently had a similar fit problem
<orig>with a Wolf. I contacted Wolf to ask if it was possible
<orig>they had sent  the wrong connector pipe but was told it
<orig>was the only connector they made for the RS (it did arrive
<orig>in a plastic bag marked "RS" FWIW).
<orig> I hope to shoot a pic later today to upload and also to
<orig>send to Wolf.
<orig>Anyone else have any fitment problems like this? If so how
<orig>did you solve them? TIA
<orig>Cheers,
<orig>Robbie