RE: [ST] 12,000 mile check

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Bil Swartz wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Andy Cunningham wrote:
>
> > According to the Triumph handbook the valves should be adjusted for the
> > first time at the 12000 mile / 20000 km / 2 year service and then again at
> > 24000 mile / 40000 km / 4 year service.  Some dealers do perform the valve
> > check at 6000 miles, but that does NOT correspond with what's written in the
> > handbook.
>
> Really?  It's every 12k, not 6k?  When I had my Trophy 3 it was every 6k,
> so I kinda assumed the ST was the same.  Being just over 19k I thought I
> was late for my 18k but better confirm in the manual this weekend before I
> keep the appt for an unneeded $$$ check next Tuesday!
>
> Prolly still should get the throttle bodies synced and the co2 checked,
> and what's the latest tune, 14?

Eck, except for the tune, do it yourself. After seeing a friend workng
on the head of his Subi, there is nothing we can't do. He really made it
looks easy.

I still have to get a decent feeler guage set, hmmm, maybe this weekend
I will take the time to sync the throttle bodies and see how the valves
where doing. The shop said that the valves did not need adjustment at
12K miles, but then again he also seemed to think that the throttle
bodies where just fine as well.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500

End of st-digest V2002 #447