Re: [ST] Mesh riding jackets

> First Gear Meshtex:  Ahh.  Now that's more like it.
> It was comfortable,
> lightweight, and definitely more substantial than
> the Phoenix.  It's a mesh
> jacket, with two layers of mesh, but they're
> polyester and nylon, so don't
> confuse this with Cordura or leather for protection.
>  OTOH it's substantial
> enough that the jacket holds its shape - unlike the
> Joe Rocket Phoenix. The
> padding stayed firmly in place when I put it on and
> the jacket was snug
> enough that it didn't move around much either.
> Available in light grey.
> This is the one I bought, and I still love it,
> though the velcro cuff
> fasteners look like they'll be the first thing to
> wear out.  Cost $139.

I have this jacket as well...at least, it's the same
manufacturer/material (not sure of the EXACT model).
I must second every point made here.

I dont trust its durability as much as cordura or
leather if I were to need the jacket to save my skin,
but at the same time at least it would be SOMETHING
between my skin and the road.

It provides VERY nice airflow, and after a few miles
even gets to a point that you dont even notice the
windflow, just because you're used to it.

FWIW, it also comes in red, which is the color I bought.