RE: [ST] Mesh riding jackets

I purchased a Joe Rocket Meteor about two months ago and like it very much.
It fits okay except for the armour sometimes hitting the back of my helmet
(RF800 with the spoiler on bottom).  The armour does stay in place once you
snap the snaps.  I like the extra protection of the leather. I've also
noticed the sewn in protection is a bit different than the Phoenix.

I've talked with a few people who went down wearing the Phoenix and they've
all said the jacket performed great.  One guy I met in Huntsville went down
at about 45 on his ZX-1100 Ninja and walked away.  Jacket took some damage
on the elbow and shoulder.  The amazing thing is he was still wearing the
same jacket. Looked a little scuffed but okay.

For x-country riding, like Tom, I prefer something with more functionality
and has a liner. I've got a SPIDI but considering an Aero Darien or Joe
Rocket Reactor.  Big difference in price, hoping for not a big difference in
quality.

John
Austin
'01 ST BRG