Re: [ST] Triumph "special" tools

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 07:53:59AM -0700, bare wrote:

> > I tell you what, I'm thinking about making a bunch of my own
> > "special" Triumph tools if I decide to remove my engine. Mostly
> > just the ones for removing engine mounts and swingarm bolts.
> > I'm sure if I could find the correct diameter socket, I could
> > put it on a grinder to make the toothed tool for these bolts.
>
> The bolts mounting the engine in my Triumph are ordinary Torx head bolts.
> The tools are available at any decent tool store, including Sears, and run
> about the same price as hex (Allen)wrenches.
> Why would you want to recreate something that is that easy to buy?

No, I'm not saying I want to machine my own torx sockets.  Talk about
doing things the hard way.  :b

There is more to the engine mount than that.  Yes, the bolts themselves
are torx head, and I have a socket set that fits them already.  There
are also engine mount adjuster locknuts that go over the torx bolt.
These locknuts need Triumph Tool T3880088, which is a socket with 4
"fingers".  That is the tool I'm talking about, and others similar to
it.

Laters,
Brian
- --