Re: [ST] Back Packs

On 8/14/02 3:26 PM, "Eric Mann" <eric91z@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, I am looking for some input on back packs.  I need something mobile to

If you are considering a tank bag anyway, get one; they're great. Makes the
bike look more the "gentleman's express" rather than a crotch rocket. Then,
find a backpack that fits nicely in it. Then it's out of the way while you
ride. When you arrive, take out the pack, put your gloves and whatever in
the tank bag, and away you go. If you have an REI nearby, you'll be in back
pack heaven there. Personally, I would stay away from messenger bags. That
single strap is around your neck, long, loose and could easily become
entangled with something going a different direction than you in a gravity
storm. Also, if you do wear a back pack, consider what the things in there
could do to you in a get off. Many frameless, day type packs have an
Ensolite foam or equivalent former that would be against the back when worn.
Packed properly, a back pack could be an injury preventer; improperly, could
do serious damage. Just food for thought.

Dennis
Scottsdale, AZ
'00 RS, miss me yellow