Re: [ST] RE: Back Packs

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Eric Gustafson wrote:

> Personally, I don't like riding with anything on my back
> (except maybe the girlfriend) and when I do, it's the CamelBak.
> But I would suggest checking

I will agree on the CamelBak and GF, of course it may act as a back
protector.

> out some of the torso packs that are out there. They keep the
> weight off of your back (which isn't good for you anyway) and
> puts it low on you lower back and waist. Also, when you're on
> the bike you'll find that torso packs will usually rest on the
> seat behind you so you won't have the weight being supported by
> your shoulders. I have one that I use for day hiking and I
> favor it way more than a day pack or back pack. Anyway, just a
> suggestion.

Even then, the though of an irregular shaped object being forced
into my body as I land on the ground keeps me from waering a
pack. The only time I thought otherwise was with a cop I used to
ride with, he always carried a weapon, probably safer attached
to him than in his tank bag. Even then, he kept it in a fairly
small fanny pack, just large enough for his wallet, keys, clip
and 9mm glock.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500