Re: [ST] RE: Triumph "special" tools

Thomas Emberson said:
> Seriously, how in the f can you reduce CO2 emisions, For some
> reason I was under the belief that when petrol was burned
> cleanly, the 2 main products where H2O and CO2? Or am I wrong
> somewhere?

Far as I know. Matter of fact, pretty much anything we're likely to burn
in an internal combustion engine (save pure hydrogen, a pressure tank of
which is something I really don't want between my legs) is a hydrocarbon
of some sort and will produce the same waste products. The only way I
can see (although I'm not a chemist) to reduce the proportion of CO2
would be to burn something with a higher proportion of hydrogen to
carbon. What mixes that might be I'm not sure. 'Course, then you get
drives to more complete combustion, which in laymans terms means running
bloody lean as all hell.

danch ('01 BRG)