Re: [ST] Vibration & wrong tune

>Thomas Emberson wrote:
>
>How about something as simple/mundane as dirty fuel injectors?
>
>Is this a valid assumption, anything that causes the cylinders to
>fire non-uniformaly will cause vibration?

Let me try and explain the vibrations I am feeling. I know I am not crazy, I
left a friend sit on it and he also felt them.  So, when the bike is
standing still and in neutral, I rev it up to about 3.5k to 4k rpms, and you
start to feel fast vibrations in the seat and tank.  It's like the
vibrations you feel when you are are using one of those cheapo random
sanders at a high speed.  Then when you rev the bike to over 5.5k or so
rpms, you feel it in the seat, the tank, and the foot pegs.  The footpeg
vibration is fast enough to make your feet fall asleep, the rest of the bike
feels like a two-stroke weedwhacker with the throttle ride open....still
very fast vibrations.  It doesn't feel like the bike is out of control at
all, it is just very uncomfortable.  I do feel a little vibration in the
bars, but it isn't as bad as the rest of the bike.

The bike seems to ride ok, and the power seems down a bit...but that may be
because it has the stock exhaust again.  The idle is not as smooth as it
once was, and it seems kind of hesitant at low rpms.

thanks,
Sean

'00 Triumph Sprint RS