Re: [ST] Crossing lines

IMHO,  I have been known to cross the centerline but only on very quiet roads that have plenty of room for both directions to maneuver in and has full visibility around the curve.  If I'm going to use racetrack lines on a public road, then it better have racetrack visibility or better.  But  from what the officer said about that road,  He was using it with poor judgement, it was obviously a dangerous narrow curve with poor distance visibility, yet he used it like it was a flat roadcourse at a racetrack.

Before people start attacking me with examples of racetracks with curves that have poor visibility, remember everyone is going in the same direction and they are all there for the same reason.....to race.  Whereas a public road is just that public, it has people on it who have very diverse reasons for being on it.  Some are there for a nice ride, and some are on it to get from point a to point b.  Also the range in driving skills are much wider on a public road than on a race track.   Ya just don't see many gray-haired apehangers on the racetrack.

This is just my opinion....for all it worth.  I could be way off base.

Lex Offer
2000 Triumph Sprint ST
1986 Honda VF1000 F-II
>>> barenekd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 08/16/02 08:32AM >>>
I would be interested in the grass roots opinion of riders here in order to
gauge what sort of percentage would contemplate crossing the centre line to
make progress and under what circumstances and/or their feelings on this
issue.