[ST] Crossing Lines

I stay in my lane. That is unless I make a mistake. When that happens I
slow down. Recently I mentioned (on this list) getting smoked by a guy on a
R1 on the Dragon in the mts. of NC. After a bit we had put a large gap on
the riders behind us. Then we really wicked it up. The first corner we came
to Mr. Superbike swung ALL THE WAY to the other side of the road - I'm
talking about right at the STRIPE! - and he went around that corner at
probably 10 mph faster than I could manage.  I did like Mr. Bush, Sr. used
to say and 'Stayed the course' (on my side of the road). Granted the guy
probably could have run off & left me even if he wasn't using the entire
road. But not by 1 sec/200Meters like he managed.  Also, this guy's actual
scoot was a Daytona which something was sheared on & the R1 was borrowed. I
think he said he was from Indiana. That was the only other Triumph I
saw/heard of on my aborted attempt to make it to the Eastern Rallye.

BTW, after that run after I got home I noticed the lip that separates the
contact patch from the sidewall on my rear tire looked like somebody had
used a file on it. It has these horizontal lines all the way around on both
sides. It's not like the normal scrub. Previously they were scrubbed out TO
the edge but now the edge itself is feathered. Feathered may not be the
right word ; the lines look like //////////////. The point is that boy made
me ride ON that lip rather than up to it:-)

I have never taken any MSF course but I don't need one to know I need to
stay in my lane. They probably don't even teach that - it's kinda common
sense, ain't it?

John Petrey