Re: [ST] buyout the total or walk away

Wes,

I Think they are trying to screw you.  Because last year a buddy of mine at my bike shop bought a totaled 99 Sprint ST from an insurance company with almost exactly the same damage for $100.00.  He pulled all the broken fairing bits off, bought a new radiator and oil cooler.  Attached those along with a headlight off a 4wheeler (don't mean a car) and is riding it as a streetfighter.

If you have any buddies at the bike shop see how much the insurance company offers it to them.

At 04:41 PM 8/16/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Here are some pics of the remains of my bike that the insurance company is
>totalling out.  I am trying to decide if the nearly 3 thousand they want
>for it is worth it.  I don't plan to repair it but rather part it out.
>
>http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~wesman/brokenbike/
>
>I already got all of the mounting hardware for the hard bags off so that I
>can put them on my new blue ST as soon as I have it :)
>
>My quandry is after spending 3k I would have to spend time taking it apart
>(which is actually fun to me) and find people who need things that I
>have.  Plus I have to store it.  I am hoping to do a bit better than break
>even since I do need to make up the difference of the settlement and the cost
>of a new bike.
>
>Engine was running after the accident and I shut it off as quickly as I
>could since the radiator and oil cooler were pumping juices onto the
>bay bridge.  There is however a small hole on the clutch cover.
>Almost all of the other damage is cosmetic.  Even the forks didn't get jacked.
>
>Wes
>
>p.s.  I am fine and even been at work for the last 2 days in case anyone
>was wondering.  Helmet saved my bacon.
>
>--
>My old sig was about Vaxen and VMS but I can't even figure out
>the name of the company that owns them anymore.

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 A Green Sprint ST (but not BRG)
1986 VF1000 F-2 Bol d'Or