[ST] Valve shim question

So I'm in the middle of the 36,000 miles service.  My bike is in pieces in
the garage waiting for the new valve shim to arrive (which comes in
yesterday's mail).  Stupid me ordered the wrong shim.  I needed a 2.45, not
a 2.15.  I have no local dealer.  I ordered the correct one, but it won't be
here until Thursday and I'm leaving for Alaska starting Saturday (yes, I'm
taking the ST).  I won't have time to take the bike apart and put it back
together before I leave.

I had one intake valve slightly out of spec at slightly larger gap than .064
(.1 to .15 is spec).

We've talked about this before, but I don't recall if anyone had an
answer...  Does anyone else (Kawasaki, Suzuki, etc) have a shim that is the
same as the ST's?  If so, which year and model bike?

Everything else went quite well.  Switched to Motul (available at the Honda
shop down the street) from the Triumph oil (I had trouble with getting the
filter off, but a large pair of channel locks fixed that).  Changed and
balanced my own tires.  Synched the Throttle Bodies.  Forks were Race Teched
earlier this year so left them alone.  Cleaned the brake calipers and bled
the brake fluid.  Poked and prodded everything else.  I'm good to go.

Dan Wallander
'99 ST
'74 R90/6

End of st-digest V2002 #463