Re: [ST] Crossing over

> BTW, there is a similar discussion going on over on the T5 list where a
> rider had a fatal head-on collision with a law enforcement vehicle on a
> curvy road.  The rider had a video camera on his bike (the tape is currently
> being held by the police) so one day we might get to find the unfortunate
> truth about how the incident occurred.

Earlier in this thread someone posted a quote from one of the officers
involved. The guy on the Daytona had been (to paraphrase) 'hitting all
of his apexes; the problem was that included the ones in the oncoming
traffic lane'

If you go around blind curves in the wrong lane, you will get hurt if
not killed. Personally, I will use the wrong lane in a curve on two
occassions:
1. if a survival reaction sets in and my mind keeps insisting that I
can't turn tighter. That hasn't gotten me killed yet, but I know that if
I don't conquer those survival reactions soon, it will.
2. If a left hander isn't blind, nothing is coming, and I'm feeling too
lazy/scared to take it with more lean angle.

danch ('01 BRG)