Re: [ST] Chain Problems

Any thoughts, that is a pretty broad question to this group :-)

IIRC the Triumph front sprocket has a built in dampner. With out
it you might be creating oscilations in the chain that get
out of check. I have an aftermarket rear sprocket, but OEM 18 tooth
front with a DID X ring chain, and life is good.

Please let us know what you find.

And sorry about the dealer situation, it is a shame that
Triumph in North America is saddled with less than stellar
representation. I would suspect if TOA was a bit more organized,
and Triumph came up wit a better certification process, life would
be a log better. And yes, I am still sore about having to wait 3 months
for my luggage

Tom

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Joel Ashman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Last week I replaced my stock chain and sprockets at 17K miles.  There was a
> stuck link causing the chain to grab/jump.  I could feel a harsh clunk while
> moving.
>
> Since losing my local dealer, and not easily being able to find a mail order
> Triumph parts supplier, I ordered an AFAM chain/sprocket set of the original
> size.

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500