Re: [ST] New list member

Whif, Whif,

I smell bait.

First of all, we all know shafties can't wheelie :-)

Secondly, I would not suggest anything beyond a SV650, EX500, Bandit 600
or such for a first bike. Other than the ZX6e, any modern bike that
starts its name with ZX, CBR, GSX, YZF is not, I will repeat NOT a
beginner bike. I know there are sever people who have said, but it's
only a 600, yeah a 600 that has 100-110 HP is not a beginner bike!

If you are serious, learn to ride, take courners, brake, and then in
about 10,000 miles, worry about wheelies. Getting a litre bike, with
aspirations to be a starz boy as a first time rider, only gives my
favourite hobby a bad name. We have enough drunken, helmetless harley
riders around here, we don't need you looping a litre bike as well.

Well, back to another of my favourite hobbies, gaming (not gambling)

FWIW, if you really want to learn to wheelie, get a dirt bike.

Tom

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, Stuart Mumford wrote:

> Hello, my name is Stuart Mumford and I am looking at purchasing a 2002
> Sprint ST.
> It will be my first motorcycle and I have a couple of questions.
> Is it a good first motorcycle?
> Is it a shaft drive? I need a bike that can wheelie and I know that it is
> impossible for a shaft drive motorcycle to wheelie.
> What is the top speed? My friend has a GSXR 1000 and it can do 165.
> Thank You
> Stuart Mumford
> Riverside CA

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 14 months old, 21,400 miles)
 '00 Yamaha WR400F
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500