[ST] FJR1300

Just took a test ride on an FJR1300.  Over all it was not bad.  Tons of
power.  I was allowed to rev it to 7000 rpm and it pulled like a locomotive.
My legs or knees didn't touch the fairing even when I was humping the gas
tank and I'm 6'2".  The bags seemed to be of adequate size and the way they
detach from the bike is neat.  When you lift the carrying handle, it
releases the bag from the bike.  No sliding, hooking, locking stuff up.
Just drop them on, fold the handle down and lock with the key.  The only two
things I did notice was the windshield was too short for me...the air was
hitting me right in the nose and making too much racket in my helmet.  Then
again, no more racket than on my Sprint but I expected more from the big
fairing/windshield combo.  Apparently Yamaha does offer a higher windshield.
The other was that some of the engine heat is coming up between the fairing
and the frame and it was HOT.  Keep in mind that it was about 90 degrees out
and that in itself is darn hot for us Canucks.  The shaft drive didn't seem
to affect the handling when going on or off of the power, either.  Also, I
had the two position rear suspension set on soft and it seemed pretty okay
to me.  Lastly, the injection was smooth as glass.

Just wanted to share an experience.