Re: [ST] FJR1300

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Bird, Garry wrote:

> The windshield on this bike is electrically adjustable with the flick of
> your left thumb.  Unfortunately for me, I'm too tall for the stock

Yes, it does but I didn't notice it returning to home when I shut it
off.  I only had the opp to ride the FJR around a parking lot for a minute
and it was light feeling, easily maneuvered, smooth (in first gear
anyway), responsive, etc.

I definitely plan to take one out for a road test.  The problems with a
bad local dealer surviving over the good local no-longer-a-dealer, parts
costs and delays, etc. may be too much to bear after another year or so.

Sad that I'm considering switching after this, my second Triumph because
of such things.  Are you listening Triumph?

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail