[ST] for Pete - RS stuff

 >>> My dealer says that Givi is now offering hard panniers for the
RS, but I was unable to confirm this on their web site. <<<

    The bags and wingracks - there are several size bags from 28 ltr
to 41 ltr that all fit the same rack in either 2 or 3 bag set-ups -
are available from GIVI;... the RS or ST adaptors for the wingracks
are available from John Fitzwater:
  <http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/sales/giviPannier/rsstgivikit.htm>

 >>> Can the chain be adjusted without a center stand? <<<

    Sure,... and a valve job can be done through the exhaust pipe,
...but why would anyone bother?  The centerstand is not expensive,
works great and doesn't touch the pavement even long after the
footpeg feelers are worn off!

 >>> The clutch cable appears too long.  Is this typical for the
'02 RS? <<<

    I think they're putting longer ones on because so many people
complained about having to replace the old ones with Trophy cables
when they went to bar risers or/and ST bars, as most riders do.

    >>> Finally, is there anyone on the list who has owned or ridden
a BMW R1100S? <<<

       The first year the 1100s was out, Mason Killebrew (Monterey
Honda-Kawasaki, he's since dropped the BMW line) was kind enough to
let me take a long test ride through the hills.  I liked everything
about the bike except for the VIBRATION - which I hadn't expected
from a BMW - which put my fingers and hands, and finally even my
toes, to sleep in 20 minutes.  It was less in certain RPM ranges but
never smooth.  Magazine testers at the time commented on it also.
That ride convinced me to wait another year for the RS to come off
the line.  Over 20K miles later, I can say it was worth the wait!

                                       doggydoo   - - - o%\o