[ST] tyre prep

PC:
	FYI:
	Before I go riding on new tyres, I take 150 grit Silicon Carbide sandpaper and abrade the mould release agent from the tyres. Nothing too aggressive, but just enough to remove the shiny/smooth surface from the tyre. I also take mineral spirit (white spirit in UK) and give the tyres a good wipe and follow up with some washing up detergent to remove all residue. Thoroughly dry the tyres and then go out riding. Take it easy for the first 100 miles and twisties & you will never have any problems.
	Just took a new set of Pirelli Dragon GTS out today- 45 degrees F here in Philadelphia. 33 degree F high predicted for tomorrow (Tuesday). Can't wait to go riding!
Regards,
Howard Stephen Serlick
'00 Blue ST
Philadelphia