Re: [ST] Frame Sliders

>My questions are, are they worth the cost and trouble?  Do they end up
>bending the frame in addition to the expected fairing damage when you low
>side?  Plastic is expensive, but Aluminum is even more expensive.

I don't know anything about anything, but I remember this conversation and
had the same questions as you.  You could search the archive
(http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/archive) for the many posts on this subject
and I'm sure some more informed listers will chime in, but IIRC, frame
sliders are not meant to protect plastic and, therefore, do so poorly if at
all.  I also remember one or more listers on this board who've dropped their
bike in a low speed situation and (I think) the frame slider may have bent
the frame where it was mounted (not positive).  My overall impression from
listening in on the older threads was that frame sliders could potentially
save your frame, probably won't save your plastic, and may cause some
unexpected damage at the mount points.

Remember, I don't know anything about anything.

Chris