RE: [ST] Frame Sliders

Skyking sliders are the right choice in my book. No, I don't have them (yet)
but I was with a friend who needed his.

This fellow 2000 RS rider has them on hi bike. He went down low-side at 40+
mph, and the sliders did their job. No, they didn't really save the plastic,
but neither did they bust his frame. What they DID do is save him from
having to get a ride home in a cage.

I should note something about the engineering. John King was approached by
me to see if the shop I work for could make parts for his product line
(We're a CNC screw machine shop.) We exchanged some documents, but never did
get to do any business. One of the things John was looking for was a
stronger stud for those RS, ST,, and Daytona sliders. In hindsight, I think
what he's got now is just what should be on there. Yes, the studs bend, and
in extreme situations, break. I think that "engineered failure", even if it
wasn't really engineered in, is better than having a perfectly intact
assembly on a busted bike frame.

Good job John!

Ken M.
2000 RS