RE: [ST] Frame Sliders

Greets All,

Well, it's not really about frame sliders, but ...

Just thought I'd say hi to the group and say sorry about the crash, Brian.
I've dropped my bike 4 times at 0 mph but no damage (it's a Goldwing :(.
One of these days I expect to blow out my knee trying to keep it from
falling because the reflex is to save it.  I prefer to enjoy the riding and
not wondering when the beast is going to say "You're not paying enough
attention to me!" so I'm going to throw a tantrum, flop over, and embarrass
you.

It's too big to have fun on and is the first bike I've had that won't pull
a wheelie.  I'm looking to get into a smaller bike with a greater fun
factor.  I expected to go the Honda ST1300 or Yamaha FJR 1300 route, but
their ergos are too much like a Wing, plus I'm over having a backend that
looks like a Volkswagen.  Other reasons have also nixed them and the Kaw
ZZR-1200, Aprilla Rs1000, Triumph Trophy, and Duc ST4.  I joined this list
to start learning a bit more about the ST.

I've spent a good bit of time looking into all of the sport-touring bikes
and have pretty much convinced myself that the engineering/etc. of the
Sprint ST beats everything else.  (I had to do the Goldwing thing for the
past 6 months because that's all my wife would let me get back into, after
being out of biking since 1985.)

The price is right on the local machines.  I can get an '02 BRG here for
$8,599 without bags or an '02 Red with side bags for $8,999 at Destination
Sports in Lenoir City, TN
(http://www.destinationmotorsports.com/location.htm).  Now, if I can just
dump, er trade the Wing...  Any ideas (or offers to purchase) would be
appreciative.

I really enjoyed looking through all the pics you had on your web site,
Brian.  Makes me miss living out West.  We lived in Albuquerque from 82-86
and Denver from 86-87 then came back home to the East.  Your shots really
made me lust for the West again.  Anyway, you'all have a good weekend.

God bless,
James
 '99 Wing (green on green and no stinkin' accessories but highway boards!)

PS. As requested by the join email, a few personal notes.  I live in
Knoxville, Tenn; am 46 years old; am blessed with a wonderful wife and 4
children; work in computer security; and a long time ago I realized the
best things in life are free (smell the roses, pay it forward, riding
bikes, the company of close friends, trying to make my life count, etc.).
That's more than enough, I suppose.

.
.
.
> If you high side with them, even at low speed (probably 15mph in my
> case), here's what will happen:
>
> http://www.erf.net/~brd/photos/bikecrash/Pages/7.html
.
.