Re: [ST] Answers for Steve

In a previous email, Bailey, Doug stated:
> A two part epoxy from an auto supply store will work.  Use a piece of
> cardboard or thick paper to hold the tab to the bodywork while the epoxy
> sets.  Also, note to apply the epoxy only to the side of the tab that is not
> flush to the mating piece, i.e. epoxy the face and not the corner.

Thank you. Just the information that I was looking for.

> Two cycles does not constitute fatigue.  If it were to break it would just
> be due to the relative "brittleness" of the steel and plastic deformation.

Shhhhh. I know that and you know that but let's not tell the people that
think that our rear springs will get all squishy from sitting around all
winter. ;-)

> Yes, you can buy a new clamp.  Swapping out the lock mechanism will be a bit
> tough, but possible with sufficient patience.

Been there. Done that. Yes it is a PITA sandwich.

> Also a note of thanks to Steve for pointing out the dangers of cold man hole
> covers.  I made a special note to avoid the 38 covers on my way to work in
> the 7 degree temp this morning.

I think we should hunt down and torture all the civil engineers that
decided to put man holes in the middle of lanes rather than at the
center lines. Then let's really torture the ones that that put multiple
ones in the middle of intersections and curves.

> Doug Bailey
> Metallurgist
> Lycoming Engines
>
> Resident Metallurgist, Sprint ST list

Out of curiosity, if some one is allergic to the Mets (or the
Metropolitan Opera) should they see you for treatment? ;-)

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."
                    -- William H. Mauldin