Re: [ST] My new ST - 2 days old...

Ian,

Tom mentioned power restrictions on bikes imported from Europe.

When I bought my 99 ST in Germany, it was fitted with a restrictor, a stop
on the throttle cable to prevent the last few degrees of throttle movement.
It's easy to remove once you find it - just a little metal clip screwed into
the throttle body - but you have to lift up the tank to do this.  Since it's
a brand new bike and there are quite a few hoses & wires coming off the
bottom of the tank, I'd recommend asking Jack Lilley to do this.  There is a
risk of damage to the fuel lines/connectors if something goes wrong.

The other changes I had to make when I imported my German-spec bike to the
UK were speedo and lights, both easy plug-in jobs once you've removed all
the fairing bits.  I also had to get a certificate of compliance from
Triumph before I could register it, but yours must already be registered.

While they have the front fairing bits off for the lights & speedo, you
could ask them to fit the heated grips if you haven't already ordered them.

Neil

End of st-digest V2002 #692