[ST] Improvements for Sprint ST

I have had my 2000 Sprint ST for about 15000 miles now, so I feel like I know
it well enough to suggest improvements. What I am thinking of is minor
things the factory should do for the 03/04 bike.

1) Move seat lock position
    Put the lock somewhere so that the left hard bag does not have to be
removed to get to the seat lock.

2) Move / Modify centerstand lift lever
   The left lever seams ok for lifting the bike onto the centerstand, but it rubs
my ankle sometimes. If left in the open position, then I can't put my foot on
the rear pegs. I think that with a little thought the closed position could be put
completely out of the way.

3) Improve the instruments
  I find the speedometer hard to read. The numbers are too small and close
together. The tack is good. The clock is ok, but could be a little easier to
read. I find the temp & fuel gauges are ok.
  It might be simplest to change to the RS digital speedometer, which is easy
to read. But even the current instruments could be improved. Switch the
position of the speedo & tack. I always read the speedo more carefully then
the tack since I hardly care about 500rpm, but 5mph could be a ticket. Also
reduce the speedo range to something like 160, so all the numbers are
bigger. Also while they are at it, try and make the speedo read within 5% of
true speed.

So what do you think?
Any other suggestions?

David W. Funk