Re: [ST] RE: 2002 ST Soft luggage bags.

I've been given the 'gotta buy the whole set' line
before too.  I bought a set of used bags that either
had some bolts missing, or I misplaced them between
the time I received the bags and installed the
hardware.

The friendly lady at my favorite Triumph dealer (Joe's
Cycle in Dayton , OH if you're in the area) told me
that she could get them for me, but it would be an
'adventure' and would be prohibitively expensinve - I
ended up at a hardware store.

As far as the protector panels are concerned, you
could try the ever-famous 3M film over the tail
section.  I'm not sure how well the film behaves as
far as removal/replacement, especially since there are
decals that you'll be protecting as well, not just
paint.

I know it's an alternative and not the answer you were
looking for, but I hope it helps nonetheless.

- --- Harry Asher <harryasher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> G'day all. Silly question time again.
>
> I have seen the Triumph Soft panniers and have
> a set of bags that are nearly identical - what
> I'm looking for are the black protector panels that
> are connected to the body under the bags.
>
> I have asked down here and get told -  " it's a set,
> you
> gotta buy the whole lot ?? bags and protectors"  =
> maybe
> AUD 600.00 ( aprox USD 300.00, UKL 200.00 ) I want
> to get
> some other stuff before that ( bar risers, rear
> hugger,
> 18 tooth sprocket, maybe a new riding jacket )
>
> So, anyone know where I can set of the protectors, I
> can get them picked up anywhere in USA or UK - cash
> payment.
>
> Cheers n stay upright..
>
> Harry A.

name=ATT00006.eml