RE: [ST] 190 on rear

> I think what he is trying to say is that only people
> with no twisties around them put wider than stick rear
> tires on their bikes...either that or a person who is
> a bit squidly.

When I put the first 190 D207 on my ST I did it because I
was working the "more rubber == larger contact patch ==
better adhesion" argument.  Makes sense to me.  And, after
switching I didn't notice _any_ degredation in the handling
of the bike.  Maybe Troy Baylis and the boys can notice
but I sure as hell can't.

I think a lot of the "slower turn in" comments need to be
put into perspective.  It's like people who say that an
ST is a crap bike compared to an R1.  Any modern bike is
better than just about anybody who may choose to ride it.
If you are one of those very few people out there that can
use the full capabilities of an ST then you may be able to
feel the slower turn-in.  Like I said, I can't and I've
been riding for 15 years.

As for "squidly", don't know.  I like the look in the same
way I think a seat cowl looks good.  If having a tyre with
a large contact area on my bike makes me a squid then, hey,
I guess I'm a squid (even if I am riding a sports tourer...).

David