Re: [ST] Improvements for Sprint ST

All,

With regards to improving the ST, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the
headlights: they are very very poor and certainly inferior to most current bikes,
particulalrly its main competitor, the VFR. You can adjust the height, change the
bulbs and connect both headlights so that they work simultaneously (like many
listers have), but the improvement is only marginal. And still inadequate for a
quick bike such as the ST.

Seat comfort could be improved too: Softer and (for the pilion) slightly wider.
I'm delighted with my ST but not ready to purchase another one. There are just
too many rough edges, which Triumph should have sorted by now. It's a pity their
marketing strategy has been to multiply the models in the range (i.e. the 600s)
rather than continuously improve the good models they have. Unfortunately the ST
is now outdated compared to the competition and there are no plans I'm aware of
for a replacement.

Happy riding and Happy Christmas to all you you,

Euan
1999 red ST
Belgium