Re: [ST] Re: st-digest V2002 #706 -- Coolant Leak

Hi Paul,

I noticed a small amount of coolant leakage last year.  Same as you, I
couldn't find any coolant around the radiator itself.  It seems that it was
actually coming from the reserve tank itself and the overflow tube from the
reserve.  The tube ends right down at the back of the belly pan.   I had
been keeping it topped up right at the MAX line and it seems enough would
leak out to bring it just below that line and then it would stop.  Now I
just leave it at that level and have no more leaks.  Also, the cap on the
coolant tank is made of a pretty flimsy rubber and doesn't seal too well so
I had a few drips out of there when it was topped up.

John in New Jersey
'01 BRG ST