[ST] RE: ohlins shock install

> Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:00:14 +0000
> From: Jules Smith <Jules.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] ohlins shock install
>
> during the holiday I plan to fit an ohlins rear shock to my 2001
> sprint st. Has anyone any tips to prevent me scraping my knuckles.
>
> cheers
> - --
> Jules Smith

Jules,

It's two years since I had mine fitted (MHRacing of Corston nr Bath).

What I do remember is that the rear seat section of the bike needs to be
hinged up by ca. 90 deg and held there for a couple of hours - so get
yourself a sky-hook!

If you've not already got the shock (maybe it's arriving in your
stocking), full fitting instructions are enclosed.

Other recommendations are a bit more general:
- - Be sure to remove all recommended bits for access - don't fall into
the trap of thinking that you could just 'wiggle' something out - you
usually can't.
- - I seem to remember the top nut was a b'stard to remove. My fitter
removed the tank for better access (take care with the snap-fit journals
- - they tend to be more snap-off than snap-fit!).

A couple of pics on the website below... Gallery -> SprintST

Regards,
- --
BRG
mailto:keith.tynan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx