Re: [ST] Non-ST, Laguna Seca

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:55:36 -0500, Bailey, Doug wrote:

>I've got a question for those who have been to the Superbike races at Laguna
>Seca.  Where is the best location to sit to watch the races and how much of
>the track can you see?  My sister and her family are living about 10 minutes
>from the track, but only til March 2004 when they will become stationed in
>Belgium or Italy, and I thought I might take advantage of her hospitality to
>go out and see the races this year.

There are many good viewing spots at Laguna Seca. If you have never been
there, you should spend the first day walking all around. The best spots will
have the most people, so they are easy to find.
My favorite spots are:
a) turn 2; a close up view of the bikes, plus long range view of 3,4,5,and 10.
b) hill above turn 4; no close up view, but turns 3, 4, 5, 10, 11 and a bit of 2,
plus a view of the TV screen but you need binoculars.
c) hill above turn 10; no close up view, but turns 10, 11, 4, 5 and some of 3, 2
and 1.
The corkscrew is a special spot you should check out. It has only a close view
of 8, but it is a unique turn.
The grandstands in turn 4 are ok, with a good view of the TV screen.
The main grandstands are only good for the TV and pit lane action. I go there
only for superpole.

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA