[ST] various updates

I also ordered the Vision Plus bulbs, received the order in one week.  On
the clutch recall, I had a rather roundabout debate with my dealer back in
October, because we listers are apparently much better informed than some
dealers.  He told me that he would not replace a "perfectly good" cable
until he had written notification of the problem from Triumph, even though
he was well aware of the defect.  In anticipation of a problem, I had
already purchased a spare to carry with me on the bike.  I received the
official letter from Triumph last Monday, the 28th.  I called my dealer to
discuss the problem, but was told they didn't have the correct cable in
stock, so there's "no sense in coming here now".  I mentioned that I was in
possession of a new cable, at which point a long silence followed.....
   Needless to say, they were kind enough to allow me to motor in that day
and perform the swap.  They now owe me a spare cable.

Denis Liakos
'01 BRG ST
"STella"