[ST] Sufficient exhaust backpressure (re: A few minor problems)

I spoke again to my dealer about this "so called problem with my home made
muffler" and what the Triumph race can has that my muffler doesn't. He
indicates to me that the Triumph race can has a design element at the rear
outlet that creates a certain back pressure acceptable to the bike's EFI
mapping and that a simple straight through design lacks this feature. This
all sounds logical, but I seriously doubt all these after market mufflers
are using the same designed back pressure as Triumph engineers into their
mufflers.
Can someone who has a Triumph race can look at theirs and tell me what they
see as a restriction to the exhaust flow that would support my dealer's
statements. At this point I am committed to having them install the Triumph
can, because I am highly interested in the performance of the bike and its
gas mileage. I have never achieved the high mileage I had with the stock
muffler, with any alternate muffler I have run. Maybe with this new muffler
and a new tune I will have something close to the original mileage and maybe
a little more performance. We shall see.
By the way, this is the first time I have not been able to ride my bike for
this length of time since owning this bike (4 going on 1 or 2 more weeks)
and it is driving me nuts. There is no fault on behalf of my dealer for this
time element, I just have had the good fortune to have a very dependable
bike for 1 1/2 years and 23K miles.
Mike Benzon
Burney California
Sunny skies awaiting