Azarro II problem....not me

>"I would seriously check your suspension settings, since the Avons are
>a different diameter than the stock tires and since the stock
>suspension components do wear I'll bet that the sag settings are
>off.. Most likely the bike is riding nose high which would make it
>even more susceptible to cross winds. Also since you found this most
>noticeable when the bike was loaded ( Bags full ??)  which would also
>cause the bike to be even more nose high.."

There's an article in this month Sport Rider, the one with the article
about the new Daytona, that addresses this very situation. Interesting
reading.  Another point: With 3 bikes I ride regularly now having had a
total of 7 tire brands between them, I found factory tire pressure
settings to be a good STARTING POINT.  I've been amazed at the
difference 1-3 psi (+/-)  can make in the handling characteristics of a
tire.  Try experimenting.  A good rule of thumb I learned from another
site is pressure is correct when Cold PSI+10%=Hot PSI .
I wish I had more info or a link to same. If anybody knows where there
is some information about TP and the resultant effects on handling,
please share.

David
'99ST