Re: [ST] Close Call this Morning

- -----Original Message-----
From: Just Daetrin <daytrip90@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, February 04, 2002 12:07 PM
Subject: [ST] Close Call this Morning

>So I'm on my way to work in the carpool lane (which is left-most) like most
>mornings, doing about the speed limit.  The lane to my right is stop and
go.
<snip>

This is exactly the reason why I don't do daily commute on two wheels. I
don't mind doing the HOV lane when traffic is moving, but at stop-n-go, I
just get too damned uneasy about this very thing.

As far as practicing panic stopping on a racetrack.........dunno that would
help. Racetracks tend to be where you get lots of practice slowing from 160
to 60 and not from 60 to 0. Though you do get practice doing some pretty
severe braking. Perhaps a large parking lot (in an abandoned strip mall - we
have lots of 'em around Atlanta) along with some cones setup as markers
would be good for practicing severe braking. Nobody messes with you, lots of
clear pavement without obstacles, etc. There's a gigantic abandoned mall
near my house where I always take anything I want to test (new motor
break-ins, suspension setups, etc.)

HTH,

Charlie Mc
'99 red ST