[ST] Need Help Getting Headlight Bulb In

Joke of the Day  (not):

How many motorcyclists does it take to install the new Vision + bulbs I got for the
Sprint?

Answer:  More than 1.

Help!  I cannot figure how to change the headlight bulbs in the Sprint ST.  I have
taken off both side fairing panels, disconnected the electrical connectors, and with
the rubber boot off, can clearly see and feel the wire bail holding the bulb in
place.  However, for the life of me, I can't get it out or away from the bulb.  The
manual also says I do not have to unscrew the screw holding the wire, and I believe
it (not), although it looks as though I should.

The manual also says to remove the "cockpit".  Now, not to be too stupid, but what
is that?  Do they mean the entire front fairing or the instrument cluster (if they
do, why don't they just say instrument cluster?)?  I'll take the bulb out in pieces
before I remove the entire front fairing just to change a headlight bulb.  It can't
be this hard, after all, it is a regular replacement item.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Rick Hartwick
00 ST