Re: [ST] Close Call this Morning

Last night, while waiting for my son's wrestling match to begin, a
fellow walks up to me, noticing that I'm wearing a Triumph hat, asks if
I have one of the newer Triumphs. Well, it turns out that he also has a
blue 2001 ST. He asked a few questions I told him about this list and
that most of my mileage is commuting into New York City. He was in total
disbelief. You would have thought that I told him that I like sticking
hot pokers in my eyes.

Riding in the city has taught me to be ever vigilant. (That's vigilant,
not vigilante, although I wouldn't mind hunting down a few of those
scofflaws.) I find myself usually looking at which way tires are
pointed, establishing eye contact, watching for
potholes/garbage/pedestrians. (Once I almost clipped a cellphone gabbing
j-walker. Didn't look. Just stepped off the curb into my path.)

Also along the line of risk management: I took an ERC last spring and
they kept iterating, "See and be seen." Basically, don't hide behind
vehicles, give yourself plenty-o-room for avoidance should you not be
seen, and stay the heck out of the blind spot. (Learned that one myself
during a close call.

YIKES look at the time! Gotta run to work now! 26F no snow or ice.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
A Red Sox fan in -Ah, damnit, there's always next year.

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil 2"

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."
                                Bumper sticker