[ST] Close call this morning

"Dave, I've got you beat there.  I do 92 miles each way, to & from work
on
the interstates from FL east coast to Orlando."

Rich,
	It really is as much an issue with the traffic volume and
aggression level as it is distance. After living and working in some of
the more congested cities in the US and having lived in Japan for four
and a half years, I can honestly say that Atlanta has some of the worst
rush hour traffic conditions anywhere I have ever seen. It is obvious
that they don't even offer driver's education here (as supported by the
unusually high number of teenage driving fatalities we have every year).
I guess the point I was after is that regular/annual rider training is a
great way to get yourself back into the right frame of mind for the
coming season. As a side note, Freddie's school is the BOMB! I've
enjoyed and learned good things from all of the schools I've attended,
but Fast Freddie's was just awesome. We have been blessed this year in
the Atlanta metro area to have two new track facilities opened for use.
The great thing about the North Florida track is the dedicated
Motorcycling slant. NO cars allowed!! Woo-Hoo!! Both the new North
Florida Motorsports Park and the new Barber museum/race park are first
rate tracks. NFMP will remain the better for bikes without the
bumps/ridges/garbage that comes with high volume sports car racing. They
will be running shifter carts, but hey...those guys are using our motors
anyway! Both tracks also offer "kitty litter" in all of the runoffs,
track schools/riding schools galore, and NFMP offers memberships to
increase the number of times you can use the facility for a more
reasonable price. Links to follow. If the Florida/Southeast folks are up
for it, maybe we could put together a track event this spring. The folks
running things down there are real co-operative with this kind of event
so if there is interest I'll pursue it. Said links follow:
www.northfloridamotorsportspark.com
www.barbermuseum.org

More Later,
Dave