Re: [ST] Tunedit Software

Gee Wiz, I replied to this from work today but it looks like it didn't make
it to the board so I'll try again.

I am seriously considering buying the TuneBoy/TuneEdit system too, however
before I make that decision I need to ask them more technical questions.

I stumbled upon a person who's very knowledgable with the Sagem MC1000 and
that person mentioned that unless one has/had a close relationship with
Triumph that it's impossible to properly change things in their ECU program,
i.e. EFI mapping for example.  Now neither of us knew how people such as
Wayne really do it, but this person guessed that it's a tpe of Band-Aid
rather than a program change.

Not knowing all the details logic would tell me this person may be right.  I
don't know how someone could find and modify the , say EFI numbers, in a
look-up table buried in the program somewhere unless they knew the original
code and memory map.  I'm not discounting TuneEdit, being an engineer, I'm
more cautious/curious in this before I buy.

My .02 worth.  I need to investigate more.

ALSO, this person mentioned that Triumph is looking to move away from the
Sagem ECU and use something else come 2003 production.  Knowing this bit of
rumored info. someone might want to wait until say 2003-2004 and change the
current Sagem they have in their cycle to whatever new one Triumph uses if
it's better.  THen one might be able to purchase the original interface to
this new ECU once the mfr. is known.

Again, my .02 worth of speculation.

Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
Only $9.95 per month!