[ST] Alternator Output

Linda in CT,who wrote:

I like my Gerbing gloves, however, I can see the occasional need for heated
grips.  What's the going rate on those? No problem for the alternator to
handle

I've ridden with Gerbing's gloves,jacket liner, and pants 'running', and
accessory (Motolights) lights turned on, with no problems from the charging
system. It's more than capable of handling the load you describe. I also
have the Triumph heated grips on my ST, and am pleased with them. They're
great for when it's 'chilly' enough to need something along with your
standard gloves, but when the Gerbing's gloves would be too much, even when
unplugged. I consider the Gerbing's gloves useful for 'extreme'
conditions,ie., temps in  30's to 20's F. They're just too bulky for much
use otherwise. Sorry I can't give you a price for the grips with any
certainy. I had them installed by the dealer and included in the purchase
price. Just remember that it wasn't inexpensive. Something like $300.00
seems to stick in my head, but I'm really unsure.

Enjoy your new ride, but pay close attention to the speedo. Take it from one
who knows....ouch!

Best Regards,
Bill Sanders in NC