RE: [ST] RE: (ST) ST cutting out..continued

Yours sounds like a different problem, but maybe related.

My ST pulls away no problem.  It only happens when I am changing down
and close the throttle.  It cuts out in 2nd or 3rd gear.  Sometimes it
is fine.  On Saturday it was fine whilst riding 30 miles to the dealer,
then cut out 3 times on the way back.  Yesterday it didn't cut out at
all.
This is the first problem I have ever had with a Triumph(I've had 6) so
I'm not very happy with it.
I'm still waiting foor the dealer to call me back with regard what he is
going to do to sort it.

I'll keep the list posted.

Cheers!
Martin

Martin,

I was unaware of the sensor in the '02 models exhausts.
I'm therefore unimpressed with its performance too!

My '02 S3 presumably has a similar sensor and the engine response beow
3K is appaling. It stutters and surges until it hits 3K and then it's
off like a steam loco. At every set of lights it's a lottery if I'll get
cleanly off the mark or stall abrubtly. Strangely, when the bike is cold
it runs perfectly but after a few miles it's a PITA :( Above 3K RPM the
fueling is perfect.

I plan on living with it until the first service and have the techs take
a look at it then. Does this sound like the same issue you're having?

Martin,
Ireland

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software