RE: [ST] First Second Ride

From: Linda Combe
<snip>I ordered GenMar risers today because I know I'll need them for my May
trip
down the Blue Ridge Parkway.<snip>

May? Sounds like a good time to go. Will you be with a group or just your
husband? I've got a group of friends from Sportriders of New England (see
also: www.sportriders.com )who will be headed down there (Deals Gap in
particular) early in May. In August, a good friend riding his Aprilia Futura
will be riding there to tour the first week, ending with the AMA races at
V.I.R.  Also in August some folks from this list, the Triumph Sport Riders
Association, will be having their Eastern Rallye down there, that's the one
I'm thinking of attending....if I can remember to send in my "re-enlistment"
papers. Busy place!

Just one question: What makes you so certain you'd need bar risers.
Afterall, you don't have a lot of miles on the bike yet so your body hasn't
acclimated to the new posture. Oh well, I see a fair number of ST and RS
owners make that change. Me, I prefer the small weight bias with stock bars,
as I believe it helps with putting a little bit more weight on the front
tire and hence, better feedback about what the front traction is doing.

Oops, second question: Did that raucous whine from the fuel pump (or
regulator) diminish by filling up the tank and getting some heat into the
bike's engine? It sure was a loud one at your first start. I'm blessed,
perhaps, because mine gives a short little purr at switch-on, but nothing
once it's charged the fuel system with pressure.

Enjoy!

Ken