[ST] Blue Ridge Trip

Marc,
	Got to agree with David G. on this one. The speed limit on the
BRP pretty much kills the round trip on the Parkway potential. The
comment on the weather is also spot on. In June of 98 a friend and I
rode our Triumphs (Trophy 900 & Sprint Exec.) to Toronto, Canada and
back to Atlanta. We slabbed it up (wedding to make on time) then we
caught the Skyline Drive in Virginia and planned to ride it all the way
down to the bottom end of the BRP. HA! In North Carolina we were forced
off of the parkway by 30-40 MPH winds, driving rain/sleet, and high
temps that ranged from 27 to 45 degrees...this was in mid June! I should
have known better growing up on the Western slope of Colorado. Mountains
make their own weather, and springtime can bring any of it. If
Charlottesville is the destination, you might consider slabbing up there
on the borrowed steed. Then come back down the BRP. If time or weather
get to be an issue, you can always get off and slab it back from that
point. At least this way you should be able to get in a good full day +
on the BRP.

Just a thought,
Later,
Dave Smoot