Re: [ST] Electrical wisdom?

At 12:08 PM 14/02/02 -0500, Scott wrote:

  I installed the freshly charged battery and tried to start the bike
>yesterday. The lights, instruments and signals all work fine until I press
>the starter button.

The symptoms you describe are consistent with a bad battery or bad battery
terminal connection. Sure the terminals are clean and tight?

The rule of batteries: if a battery-operated piece of equipment doesn't
work, replace the battery. If it still doesn't work, replace the battery
again. Batteries are far more failure-prone than just about anything else.
And a bad battery with high internal resistance will appear to be fully
charged even though it has almost no current-generating capacity.

Hope this helps,

Robert "Sheep Dawg" Smith
'00 ST
Vancouver, BC